- Vision & Mission
- PEOs & PSOs
- Industrial Interaction
Department of Aeronautical Engineering
The department was started in the year 2006 with an intake of 60 students for the UG programme in Aeronautical Engineering under Anna University and now it has emerged as one of the premier departments of NIET with a total intake of 120 students per year. Also, the department has a PG programme in Aeronautical Engineering under Anna University, Chennai with an intake of 24 students.
There are 27 faculty members in the department including well qualified Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors with doctorate and pursuing doctorate. The department is headed by Dr. V. Sankar. The department has recognized Research Centre for Aeronautical Engineering, under Anna University, Chennai which is the only research centre in Aeronautical Engineering among the self-financing colleges in Tamilnadu.
To acquire sound technical knowledge in the field of aeronautical engineering in an ever-changing environment by upgrading all resources to serve the society for sustainable development.
- To propel the young students to face the challenges of global industries.
- To impart quality education in cutting edge technologies and research with intellectual and ethical principles.
- To build formidable skills in aeronautical engineering and turn the students into entrepreneurs and global leaders.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
- PEO1: To employ comprehensive knowledge in Aeronautical Engineering and analytical skills to work towards solving complex problems so as to excel in the professional career.
- PEO2: To design, analyze and produce cutting edge engineering solutions by employing modern techniques and adhering to moral values for sustainable development.
- PEO3: To assume global careers and leadership responsibilities through consistent learning with idealistic managerial practices.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- PSO1:To apply the knowledge of science and mathematical principles to analyze complex Aeronautical Engineering problems and produce cost-effective solutions for sustainable development.
- PSO2:To gather data using modern tools and design techniques to develop solutions for Aeronautical Engineering challenges with professional ethics.
- PSO3:To act as a team player to manage projects effectively with proper communication among all levels of the organization and exhibit ability to cultivate learning and development.
- Aircraft Structures-I Laboratory
- Aircraft Structures-II Laboratory
- Aerodynamics Laboratory
- Propulsion Laboratory
- Aircraft System Laboratory
- Aero Engine & Airframe Laboratory
- Flight Integration systems & control Laboratory
- CAD/CAM Laboratory
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- Fluid machines & Machinery Laboratory
- Thermodynamics Laboratory